Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 96 mustang v6. My engine light has recently turned on and I cannot figure out what is wrong with it. All fluids are good and there are no weird noises. The only thing that I have noticed is that it seems to be shaking. What might be wrong with it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi I have a 96 mustang v6. My engine light has recently turned on and I cannot figure out what is wrong with it. All fluids are good and there are no weird noises. The only thing that I have noticed is that it seems to be shaking. What might be wrong with it?
You need to get it scanned to be sure, but you may want to check the spark plugs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
AUTOZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they do free engine light check ups they will tell you whats wrong, but if you dont want them to fix it thats fine as long as you know what it is

·
Registered
45 Posts
AUTOZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they do free engine light check ups they will tell you whats wrong, but if you dont want them to fix it thats fine as long as you know what it is
I second this motion. Find a local Autozone and ask one of the techs to scan your engine codes. They'll pull the code and run it in their system and tell you what that particular code usually represents. Fortunately for you, your car is a 1996, which is just barely within the OBDII code range. I do believe they only have OBDII code readers, or at least the one I went to did (didn't matter anyways, mine is a 1997).

After they do this, they'll give you a little printout. Come back here and post the codes, and I'm sure someone here can give you a direction to go with it. Do some research of your own on the side, there are several very useful links in the stickies up top in this section.

We'll get ya squared away, just go get those codes checked! Heck, if you're handy with a wrench and you have a floorjack and floorstands (or if you're cheap like me, and go the ramp route) you can potentially fix whatever it is yourself and spare yourself the visit to a mechanic.

Worst case scenario, you'll need to go to a mechanic and have them read your codes if you don't have an Autozone nearest you.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.