Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sent the car into the shop to have new cylinder heads installed, everything went great, its all assembled and ready to go, but now that its in there, the pcm WILL NOT respond at all! We tried putting in a new PCM and nothing. When the key is turned forward we hear a noise coming from the intake area that sounds terrible, not sure how to describe it, almost like a computer hard drive spooling up loudly. We have spark, but no fuel; but we expected that without the pcm responding at all.

The only thing I can think of that would have caused the trouble, I have a SCT Livewire tuner, that was left plugged in during storage and the battery was removed from the car. I was assured that it shouldn't effect it, but can never be too sure.

Does anyone know any problems that would cause the PCM to not respond? It doesn't respond to tuners/readers/ or my mechanics diagnostic tools. (even after we replaced with a new pcm)

Anything to check or try would be GREATLY appreciated. (car is still at the shop, so will have to try things out tomorrow)

(Also note, the car was running before it was tore down, and new cylinder heads installed - with a blown head gasket)

·
Super Moderator
40,120 Posts
Welcome to the site,i suggest a recheck of the wiring,maybe a ground was missed when it was put back together....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what we originally assumed, seem to all be placed properly, we put a couple extra grounds on just incase just to check if that was the problem. No go, still no communication with the PCM.

Went over the wiring with a diagram, all matches, we also matched it to the pictures we took prior to disassembly and everything is matched up to where it originally was. Thats what makes this situation such a ball buster.

·
Super Moderator
40,120 Posts
You do have a weird problem....check the ground at the pcm,and maybe ohm some wires to see if a short has occured.good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.