Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help on how to install a torque converter in a 96 mustang. I need to know how many times it is supposted to drop into place so I can make sure that I get it all the way in before I put it my ride.:headscratch:

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't quite get what you're asking. Is your torque converter bad or what? It's not an easy job.

First of all, you are gonna have to disconnect the transmission from the engine. The bell housing bolts can be a pain in the ass to get out (and back in) especially the ones at the top. Getting the engine seperated from the transmission far enough to get the torque converter out (and get the new one in) will be hard if you plan to do this job with everything still in the car.

The torque converter bolts onto the flywheel in 4 places. You'll have to turn the crank and remove the nuts one at a time through an opening. Be warned, they are on there good and it takes a lot of effort to get them off. Be sure not to round the heads off, or you'll have to do what I did and grind the studs completely off.

Don't do this unless you have to. It's a pain in the a$$.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.