Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I recently experienced the thrill of changing out the heater core of my '96 Mustang, and got everything put back together, but have one issue I can't find a resolution for.

Under the dash, on the drivers side, to the right of the gas peddle, there are two multi-pin flat, wide electrical connections. Female ends hanging free, male ends secured to the transmission tunnel. The casing on one set is black, the other white, but both receptacles are white. I am not sure which goes where. I blew the fuse to the instrument cluster, so I'm guessing I had these incorrectly connected at one point. Any help is greatly appreciated. Not sure my description is enough, if not, I will send pics.

Thanks, Warren

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Pictures would help. Will need to see the connector face and the wire color.

Also, is this a manual or automatic? If manual, there are connectors under the dash that are not connected to anything by design.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, is this a manual or automatic? If manual, there are connectors under the dash that are not connected to anything by design.
It is an automatic, and the thought that one or the other does not connect did occur to me. Pictures to follow.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appears to be related to the air bags. Gonna search on-line for a solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts