Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..... I just sprung for spring and picked up a 1997 4.6 GT. Barely broken in with 60,000 kil. Has a chip, race manifold and cold intake, 17 inch Eagle rims! I got this at an unreal low price as the owner is moving to Europe! Question out to the members. What is the high end retail for this car as a flip?? Condition in and out is immaculate, engine spotless... runs fantastic great rubber. Power everything, alarm plus A\C blows cold. Let me know your takes and opinions also on this car! Thanks all.

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
not 100% sure, however Welcome to the site

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I would think tops $6k USD. Depends on the buyer and how long you want to hold on to it.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
$6K USD on an exceptional day. More realistically probably $5000.

For as great of condition the car is in and low miles, the reality is it's an 18 year old GT. Even early SN-95 Cobra's in similar condition don't go for much more, maybe like $8K. But you're in Canadia, so what it might be worth in California or really anywhere else in the US is somewhat irrelevant.

Your best bet for an accurate price since that does vary quite a bit regionally is do two things; (1) punch in all your info on Kelley Blue Book - New & Used Car Price Values and (2) search for comparable 1996 - 1998 GT's within 500 miles of you on New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars for Sale and Reviews at Autotrader and see what they're going for (private party sale). Those two things should give you a reasonable idea of what you should ask and expect to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts