Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help my alarm on my 1997 Cobra is not working. I replaced battery in remote. Remote flashes green but won't engage alarm or doorlocks. Won't disengage either. Had to open passenger door with key to make sure alarm wouldn't go off. The alarm worked fine yesterday and half of today until it gave up. Where is the sensor that you point the remote at? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think it uses radio frequency not infared. That is why there is an FCC code on the remote. Maybe the replacement battery isn't any good. Maybe the remote got damaged (wet or something). Outside of that, I don't know.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is it a factory alarm? Does it disable the car from starting?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if it disables car from starting. Something is screwy because when I don't use the remote and I just lock the doors with the push button the theft light comes on . Now if I open the driver door the alarm goes off but, if I open the passenger door with the key the stock alarm disables....I am just going to put in a Viper alarm I think!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Could the quick disconnects be bad? i know it's something that's overlooked... "usually" most alarms at the dealer are not hard wired in... it's right around the timeframe, the age of your ride - for them to go bad and corrode.... if so that could be a $2.00 fix...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.