Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Mustang last year and have installed many bolt ons plus much other work. Recently i added a MSD box and some Lucas Oil gasoline additive.
Anyway after warming up, the idle will jump up and down between 500-1000 rpm's. When i'm at cruising speed it sometimes stutters like it is starving for fuel.
I first thought maybe the additive broke something loose and it would work it's way through system. I replaced the fuel filter. Then i was told it was Throttle Position Sensor or Camshaft Sensor. Replaced them. Didn't help.
Took it to a mechanic who scanned it with Snap-on scanner. It gave a code of 1270 which is Speed Limiter Reached. No other codes and check engine light did not come on. He told me since i have a chip in car i need to install a high pressure fuel pump.
1. Any ideas?
2. Is Speed Limiter Reached code telling me there is damage to engine? Does something have to be reset?
3. If i was to replace pump, how much pressure do i need?

Thanks.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome lets try your question in here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I had some Idle issues I replaced my idle air control valve. Pretty cheap to replace. The DTC code kind of makes me think your VSS (vehicle speed sensor. the computer uses this for performance) is out of whack and maybe that's why your idle/cruise is weird. Not sure if it would be your fuel pump.. does it make a whining sound when it's on? Mine did that when it finally died.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.