Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got on craigslist and found a 97 red gt convertible with 61,000 miles on it for $5500. i went and looked at the car and got the guy down to $4400 because there was a ripped seat and the car needed to be buffed...badly..he has some flomasters he hasnt put on yet and original tires and wheels he said he would throw in. is this is good deal or should i keep looking.

·
Registered
769 Posts
that looks like a good deal very low miles for the year and its almost stock..but check the car out good cause he when down too low just cause of the seats and the buffed..mabe he wants to get rif of it cause a bigger reason ..if u can post up the link so we can see it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my dad and i test drove it and we told him exactly what was wrong with it. it needed new shocks and struts but everything else seemed normal so he went and fixed that and now hes offering to sell it to us for the same price. this guy seems a little sketchy. he made me meet him in the meijer parking lot to test drive and after he pulled away his ex wife pulled up next to my dad and i and told us he was a con man and the car had problems. idk what to believe...sounds crazy i know hahah maybe jus an angry ex wife

S

·
0 Posts
There's always drama lol. Maybe you could have a mechanic check it out? If it's all it's cracked up to be that's a good price for that model year with that mileage.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still trying to decide if i want the car or not. yea a convertible would be nice but everything ive read about 97 gt's says they're a joke and slow

S

·
0 Posts
I'm still trying to decide if i want the car or not. yea a convertible would be nice but everything ive read about 97 gt's says they're a joke and slow

Well, kind of when you put it harshly. They are down on hp but the aftermarket is so big for the first gen 4.6's that you can build whatever you want. I happen to be partial to the SN95 body style over the New Edge but that's just me. I think the bottom line here though is whether or not this car is represented honestly. There are a lot of nice Stangs out there in all generations so just be sure you get what you want!

Good luck...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
idk im looking at the car monday..ill let you know if i decide to buy it

S

·
0 Posts
Cool. Keep us posted. Remember the first gens love boost and are good candidates for going FI. A simple PI swap will also yield some wonderful gains on the "weak" first gen 4.6's. Let us know what you end up doing!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Sounds alright to me.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought the car :bounce2: after an extensive test drive i decided it was a solid car. managed to get it for $4300 the guy gave us this muffler he ordered off of ebay. its called a flow monster??? (im positive its not flowmaster im not stupid) anyone know anything about this. sounds like a knock-off brand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.