Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 97 mustang gt with x-pipe flowmasters and a bbk cold air intake...I have really been planning out an engine swap but i dont know much about swapping engines. I'm looking to get a 97 Cobra engine so i do know there won't be much changing to be done, but if anyone can suggest a good website to look for this engine please let me know.

Thanks, brett

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you really wanted to, you can find complete engines on Ebay. Some of them come with some kind of warranty, but make sure you read the listing completely to see what is included in the auction and how much the shipping charge is and everything like that!
GOOD LUCK w/ the engine swap!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys, i really appreciate the help! i wasn't really expecting anyone to post so thanks a lot! one more question though,

when i do get the DOHC cobra engine will i need a new computer and other parts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Info...

If you have any questions about the swap I can answer them. I just did exactly what you are asking about. Start with the motor, harness, transmission, transmission harness, throttle cable, computer, some brackets. Some swap over. And a secondary air accelerator(located in the passenger fender wall). This is just to start. I love my 98 GT but it is far from that now. It also cost alot of cash. Some said its not worth it but the friends I met out of this build was worth every dollar. Its not always about how much it was, its about what did you get out of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Info

No that was my fault for typing to fast. You will need a new transmission harness. The transmission will bolt up fine. They harness from the GT will not plug up on the COBRA main harness

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.