Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a grinding noise coming from the rear of the car. I replaced the rear rotors and pads and still have the same noise. The noise isnt constant which was why I replaced the rotors. One side was warped and the other had a sticking caliper. Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dont quote me on this but is the anti-rattle clips not there? Is a shoe chip hitting the rotor. I am missing a shoe clip it broke so when i reverse I get a little noise. I have found getting replacement pads other than Ford the hardware dosent seem to fit rite expecially the anti-rattle clips. Just a guess.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i relized that the clips were on the other pads the day after the trash guys took them. so now i have a chirp to go with the grinding sound. to me it still sounds like a brake pad rubbing you know i wish there was a way tom put the sound on here

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
better later then never but just in case any one cares the noise was a set of wore out factory 308 gears in the diff. I started out by replacing the wheel bearings and when that didnt fix it the ring and pinion went with the old trac lok and I replaced it all. Worked so well I blew out the engine 2 months later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.