Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Mustang GT. i have no power what so ever in my car. we found out that my cats are clogged. Is it better to repace the cats or replace the the exaust cats back? Please help. :wavey

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :myhappydance: :happydancer:

Be sure to check the tech forums! :bigthumbsup​

·
Registered
914 Posts
your cats are in your midpipe so going with a cat back wont do anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cat problem

if i were you find a muffler guy that will just run pipes were the cats were. you can either get o2 senser plugs on ebay to plug into the o2 sensers or some muffler guys will drill and put the senser right in the pipes. the cats are very expensive.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
If your cats are clogged, they should be replaced. Hows the emissions laws at your place? American Muscle has some nice mid pipes with high flow cats... Check the tech area :bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
If they're plugged you're at risk of blowing your motor. Stop driving it until it's fixed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 1997 Mustang GT. i have no power what so ever in my car. we found out that my cats are clogged. Is it better to repace the cats or replace the the exaust cats back? Please help. :wavey
Replacing the cat-back won't solve the problem, you'll miss it completely. I'd replace them with high flow cats :gringreen

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I would just use this as an excuse to get an h or x pipe with or without high flow cats, it'll work much better, add some power and sound, and it won't cost anymore because you can install it yourself rather than paying someone to fix it with back to stock. Don't drive it until you get it taken care of, you can cause some bad problems like that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would just use this as an excuse to get an h or x pipe with or without high flow cats, it'll work much better, add some power and sound, and it won't cost anymore because you can install it yourself rather than paying someone to fix it with back to stock. Don't drive it until you get it taken care of, you can cause some bad problems like that.
Always a good idea :D +1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.