Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I pulled my headlight switch out in order to turn my headlights on and the knob ended up coming off the post. Can I reattach it to the post or do I have to replace the entire switch?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I forget exactly how it was when that happened to me a long time ago..I think there's a piece of metal inside the knob that's supposed to grab and just stops grabbing after it finally comes loose....Anyway, now's a good time to go get yourself a billet headlight knob. I love mine, and what better time than when your old one breaks :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
Wow. Those things are kinda a pain in the ass to get off when you WANT them off.

Try pressing it back on. If it doesn't stay on, get a new one.

·
Registered
430 Posts
yea I know what you mean sillyrabbitt, how many times have you tried to take the damn thing off with a screwdriver and it wouldnt budge, lol. press it back on and then pull on it to see if it stays on or not. If it doesnt, just buy a new one. No big deal.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Haha, the tab broke off mine in my old 97 and it would always stay on unless you yanked on it really hard. There is a metal tab you might be able to bend back to make it catch on the rod. If that doesn't work you can get just the plastic piece, or a billet one from somewhere like AM.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I pretty much had to destroy mine to get it off. Replaced it with a nice Billet one, which is so much easier to take off and put back on. It also looks much nicer. I did the Billet Bezel as well, and it looks "finished".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.