Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Here is my problem. My cobra has the upgraded mach 460 stereo system (cassette, cd, amplifier). To me, sounded like the amplifier was not working, stereo had no bass and just low treble coming out. Anyway, I removed the deck and cd deck to take a look at it. All wiring looked fine, so I put the decks back in. Now my stereo,speedometer, dome light, and power locks dont work? Did I cause a short? Fuses? Any suggestions I could try before I have to take it to a professional $$$$$. Thanks

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome lets try your question in here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds to me like a blown fuse. Its very possible that the sub is blown too. You have sound from all the speakers just not the sub? And im pretty sure theres a fuse for the sub as well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
wire diagrams

New member here. Here is my problem. My cobra has the upgraded mach 460 stereo system (cassette, cd, amplifier). To me, sounded like the amplifier was not working, stereo had no bass and just low treble coming out. Anyway, I removed the deck and cd deck to take a look at it. All wiring looked fine, so I put the decks back in. Now my stereo,speedometer, dome light, and power locks dont work? Did I cause a short? Fuses? Any suggestions I could try before I have to take it to a professional $$$$$. Thanks

see if this helps

http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/sava66375?db=CHLL&id=40539003520151

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
410 gears

Thanks for suggestions. Was fuse. Sorry been so long, been out of town.

I recently bought the 97 cobra. Only mods done are MAC exhaust with high flow cats, underdrive pulleys and I installed a BBK CAI. I have a set of 410 gears that I am not sure I want to install. Any opinions? I hardly drive the car, but when I do, usually around town, no long highway drives.

·
Registered
95 Posts
4.10s are great for drag racing 3.73s are probably better if you are not going to drag race. Some people perfere thr 3.55 if they are not recing. Depends on what you want. The 4.10s will run the RPMs higher and probably be nosier and may be annoying to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.