Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just the other day i noticed that when i started my car on a cold day that a weird whining noise started to scream from under my hood. i use the word "scream" but honestly its not too too loud. it seemed to just get a tad bit louder when i reved the engine, but not drastically so. After a little inspection i noticed the sound seemed to come form my pulley system somewhere on the passengers side of it. and after talking to some of my friends who know a bit more about cars then myself, they said that it could maybe be the A/C compressor, tensioner, or a bearing or some sort.

What do you guys think?
any help is appreciated!

(btw, im about 98.2% sure its not the cam positioning senor, ive looked up videos on that and the whine is not that ghastly)

S

·
0 Posts
Belts tend to squeak in the cold temps. Does it go away once you start driving? When you pop the hood check and see if there seems to be a lot of play in the belt or if it looks off kilter somehow. They sell belt dressing that you can spray on it to help. It might just be that your serpentine belt is old and needs replaced - again the cold weather tends to amplify that problem.

Let us know!
:bigthumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts