Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take the side scoops and scoops from in the hood off my 1997 vert to paint them. Problem is i have no idea if they come off or not, and if they do i have no clue how to get them off. Any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I imagine the quarter scoops are attached like the vintage Mustangs. Remove the back seat and inner quarter panels. You will then be able to see the nuts that secure the scoop bolts. Have you removed the hood liner yet? The hood should be done the same way.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yes they can come off and they should just clip into place. :bigthumbsup I assume you mean the stock black "vent" pieces...

Hood: you should be able to catch an edge in the front or the back of the little vents and then pry them out. I might recommend putting a small, round screwdriver through the little holes and using that to pry it out.

Sides: again, you should be able to find an edge near the top of the full scoop. You will have to take the whole scoop out: painted and black vent piece all together. I think you can separate the black piece by removing a screw once the whole thing is out, but I'm not sure.

In both cases, you wanna be careful prying so that you don't mark-up your paint. Use a small flat-head screwdriver and maybe put something in between... or if you have something rigid, flat, and plastic? :scratchchin Good luck, let us know how you make out! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.