Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
What is the 3.8 in? The 2010 V6 wasn't a 3.8...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Only if you want a long long road ahead of you- in a word? Yes. Is it cost effective? No. You would be better off buying a new v6 stang. Now you can get a 40th anni v6 and put the 3.9 in your car, or just build yours up solid.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site.

You'll get more answers here than in the introduction forum.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
O I have a 1998 v6 the 3.8l and I wanted to see if it is possible to put the new v6 in my car
It would be far cheaper to build your motor and add a supercharger or turbo than to deal with installing a newer motor. They driveline is completely different as well as all the wiring. You would need a complete car just to get started, along with chassis work......

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Get a good tune- some NO2, or a 3.8 supercoupe supercharger, bla bla bla under drive pullies, gears, locker subframes... Get what power you have to the ground...

·
Registered
323 Posts
you can do a ton more. As far as basics, stick with: a good tune, t-loc, gears, pulleys...

as far as the engines go, for the 2010 they offered a 210hp 4.0L engine... If your thinking of the engine being advertised on TV than your thinking of the 2011 model. Its a 305hp 3.7L engine

·
Banned
439 Posts
I'm willing to get my '95 conv made to fit a '11 V6 engine, hehe

Wonder if GSS Motorsports does stuff like that for a next project :laugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I work at a body shop I can do the work myself but wht do y'all think I should do I'm not looking for a drag car but I want something tht will bloe people away again I have a 1998 v6 3.8 l

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I'm willing to get my '95 conv made to fit a '11 V6 engine, hehe

Wonder if GSS Motorsports does stuff like that for a next project :laugh:
Henry, I would suggest getting that brand "D" motor out of your '95 when you are ready. We could be creative with the next motor build. A little high-compression, fast revving motor would be fun for street use.....

·
Banned
439 Posts
Henry, I would suggest getting that brand "D" motor out of your '95 when you are ready. We could be creative with the next motor build. A little high-compression, fast revving motor would be fun for street use.....
Oh, I'm very ready for this brand "D" to come out of my car. It will be a street car only so what your great mind can come up with is a go, hehe.
It only got to look stock-ish and pass emissions, sniffer. Just thought it would be fun to put this new engine into my car.

Guess I better start saving up my $$$ after this build, one car coming this way and one going back, haha

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
omg henry!
Henry i told you i have an upper and tb combo for you, get a set off gss ported stuff and you will be all set!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ok I work at a body shop I can do the work myself but wht do y'all think I should do I'm not looking for a drag car but I want something tht will bloe people away again I have a 1998 v6 3.8 l
like most people are saying, build up your engine and if you do,switch to the intake from the 1999-04 v6's you would need the heads and the intake and all the wiring harnesses, switching the intake is good for 40 horses, if you want to go further, get a windstar intake from the mini vans and use that instead of the intake from the mustang

·
Banned
439 Posts
omg henry!
Henry i told you i have an upper and tb combo for you, get a set off gss ported stuff and you will be all set!
I know. :yelwacko:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.