Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1998 SVT Cobra has a stock 4.6L with 59,000 miles on it. It runs perfectly in normal conditions. I just got home from Virginia Int. Raceway and she ran hot while doing hard laps. No problem in the morning, but as the afternoon warmed up to 90 degrees, she started running hot. My new AutoGauge registered around 245. Coolant and other fluids were fine. No apparent problems with radiator or air flow. Any solutions to keep the girl on the track during hot days?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
the first mod every Sn95 cobra owner makes is a 3 core radiator, it was undercooled from the factory...I got mine from Steeda and have had no issues even on the hottest of Florida summer days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great info - thanks. I did a quick web search and can't find a Steeda 3 core for sale for the '98 Cobra. Any tips on where to find a good one? Money is no object (unless it costs over $150!).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great info - thanks! I did a quick web search and couldn't find a Steeda 3 core for a '98 Cobra. Any tips on finding a good one, Steeda or other - money is no object (unless it costs over $150!!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts