Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first mustang! 1998 stock cobra. looking to make a few modifications but limited by budget. What are a few slight modifications i can make on a tight budget. Tks for help.

·
Registered
221 Posts
cold air intake under drive pulleys headers and gears . all a programmer will help these are all relatively in expensive mods as long as you shop around and install them your self .

·
Registered
806 Posts
my list for mods under $1000 dollars

1. IMRC deletes($300)
2. Catback($525)
3.gears(180)

If you have another 1k to spend

1.Headers ($600)
2.Intake ($200)
3.H-pipe($190)

Have any questions shoot me a pm or post a new thread. Good Luck

·
Registered
6,461 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i say gears should be a 1st on any mustang.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Pro 5.0 shifter $179
K/N filter $59
Subframe connectors- $100
Now your car breathes, handles and shifts better

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree with 2Manystangs on the shifter! A tuner would be beneficial about $379 in most places.

But like Mr. UPR up there a great suspension set up is extremely beneficial!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just got my first mustang! 1998 stock cobra. looking to make a few modifications but limited by budget. What are a few slight modifications i can make on a tight budget. Tks for help.
:bigthumbsupGreat buy!! I have a 98 Cobra and when money is tight, you want to spend your money wisely. First of all they don't sell a programmer for our 98 Cobras, our transmission is not electric so you can't re-program anything. The 3 most important bang for your buck items are: 1) Cold Air Intake 2) BBK X- Pipe and the most important :worship3) 4.10 Rear End Gears. If you don't have enough cash, get the 4.10 rear gears!!! Trust me, immediate difference off the line take-off!!!:wavey

·
Registered
806 Posts
:bigthumbsupGreat buy!! I have a 98 Cobra and when money is tight, you want to spend your money wisely. First of all they don't sell a programmer for our 98 Cobras, our transmission is not electric so you can't re-program anything. The 3 most important bang for your buck items are: 1) Cold Air Intake 2) BBK X- Pipe and the most important :worship3) 4.10 Rear End Gears. If you don't have enough cash, get the 4.10 rear gears!!! Trust me, immediate difference off the line take-off!!!:wavey
they do sell a programmer for 96-98. 95 and older dont have a programmer i believe. The only thing the programmer cant do is recalibrate the speedo after a gear change.....is that what you ment?

T

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
+1 on 4.10 gears. Gears should be the first mod. It's always been noted as the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just got the 4.10's myself. will go to strip on the 8th of July to see what real difference it made. On the street it feels a whole lot better. Just like above posts. Gears, shifter, cold air intake and a custom tune(if you can afford it).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts