Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i have a 1998 Mustang GT that i am going to spray a 150 shot in and i need to know what i am going to need to do to be able to not break it? This goes for pistons, rods, rod bearings, etc.. Any input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
If your going to rebuild the motor for a nitrous setup better throw on a set of 4v heads cheep swap. But a non pi motor with the right parts and tune will hold together for a 150 shot. And if your going to rebuild a motor pick up a winsor truck block and bulld it so you don't tie up the car. Modular motors have been out long enough. I've built some strong ass junkyark modmotors. You just gota mix and match the right parts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ummmm, you just cannot "throw on a set of 4V heads" on a 2V engine "cheaply", thats just incorrect info:nono:

Not to hijack the thread here but, You can piece a complete 4 valve conversion for under or around $1000. AND if you Know what parts you need you can do it cheeper via junk yard. The hole "MODULAR" thing... almost everything is interchangeable on those motors you just have to know what parts interchange correctly. If your going to BUILD a motor for nitrous and change rods and pistons....spending and extra $1000 for an extra 40hp isn't that expensive and what I CONSIDER A "CHEEP SWAP" and opens the door for future plans ie supercharger, turbo setup and works 10x better with 4v heads.. I know i'm coming off looking like a no-at-all, and I'm not trying to be rude to you! I was just giving some food for thought, for someone looking to upgrade.

G

·
Not to hijack the thread here but, You can piece a complete 4 valve conversion for under or around $1000. AND if you Know what parts you need you can do it cheeper via junk yard. The hole "MODULAR" thing... almost everything is interchangeable on those motors you just have to know what parts interchange correctly. If your going to BUILD a motor for nitrous and change rods and pistons....spending and extra $1000 for an extra 40hp isn't that expensive and what I CONSIDER A "CHEEP SWAP" and opens the door for future plans ie supercharger, turbo setup and works 10x better with 4v heads.. I know i'm coming off looking like a no-at-all, and I'm not trying to be rude to you! I was just giving some food for thought, for someone looking to upgrade.

:gringreenI'd love to sea what that swap would look like for under a grand, I'll call ******** on this one.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what parts would one need to do this "1000 dollar 4V swap"?:headscratch:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.