Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm having trouble finding a part for my 1998 Cobra's cooling system. The part is leaking so I'm looking to replace it. I was told it was called a coolant crossover tube, however when I went to the ford dealer the guy said it was the tube assembly and that ford no longer makes it and that I'd have to find from somewhere else. I looked all over the internet with no luck. I did find something that looked similar from vortech superchargers called a "u tube". is that the same thing as what I'm looking for?

Here is a picture I took of my engine. The part i'm looking for is circled(or rectangled if you want to get all technical :p). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I've seen some on ebay here and there. I would check that or a mustang auto salvage place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also saw one on ebay but it was awhile ago. i thought of buying it and I didnt. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing it. Are there websites for mustang salvage places? I don't know of any in ny. :(

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Might be easier just to fix the one you have

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be easier just to fix the one you have
How do I do that? My father and I can't even figure out how to remove the tube. Any ideas on how to do so?

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's crap

Man, a ten or eleven year old car and you already can't get parts from ford for it, that's a bunch of sh!t.:headscratch:
It looks like a very make-able part, I'd think a good welding shop could fabricate one out of stanless steel pretty easily, but if you can't get the old one off that makes it very hard. I work for a large agricultural comapny and we have a local welding shop that makes stuff like that for us all the time, a few bends and a few welds and viola.
Look around for a good welding/fabricating shop I bet they can help, if you can give them the old one to pattern from that is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we figured out how to pull the tube and found out that the seal around it had actually melted somehow. I went to autozone got a $2 seal put it in drove the car around for a couple hours even sat in some 88 degree traffic. No more leaking or coolin probs. I am now a happy person :D. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Yeah the coolant crossover is a part in high demand, on the SVT sites the get scooped up quick in the classifieds, I'm personally looking for the Crossover that's used with the Vortech superchargers, it's gonna be the hardest part to acquire for my homemade V-1 Kit!
Glad you got your problem solved, somtimes it's a cheap fix!:bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.