Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a 98 cobra. I test drove it and my hand would hit the dash area and it seemed to be hard to put in gear. The clutch seemed just a little stiff to. Is this common or is their a bigger problem. it also has had 3 owners in the past month (as of 5/01/09).
This concerns me so I come to you all for advice we offered 3500 with a trade in. are their any othe issues that I should look for in this car? :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea the shifter in these cars is a little tall. as for the 3rd gear its a common prob. how manny miles? and as for 3 owners... well thats a little sketchy. :headscratch:

·
Registered
331 Posts
if its hard to get in gear the t45 could have some synco issues. Mine hates 1st gear. Also make sure the car is started for you when its cold. Look to see if the motor has been pre warmed. These engines have rod bearing problems. Mine had 54k miles and had a bad rod bearing. If you like the car take it and get it check out at a local garage before buying it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks so much and its a high milage motor 111k + because the odometer broke are there any other common issues that imight run into?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
It could be something as simple as an clutch cable adjustment!

·
Registered
331 Posts
so you have no idea the milage. I dont no man. There are lots of these cars out there cheap. I have seen them for $5-6k 96-98 with 70-100k miles that looked pretty good by the photos.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
a 98 Cobra with 70K for 5 thousand?? I'd say that's a rarity and not common..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They sold it today thats a bummer.:so Thank you guys for all of the input but while I drove it I felt some slipping in the clutch but still a fun ride. so back to the v6 forums I go. Hey but atleast I still have a mustang!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
if you do your own mechanic repairs and for some reason you like the car,not knowing the mileage and many owners should not be a big problem,roadtest the car cold and warm before buying.if not,then check for another one.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
You'd be faster for one pass with that turbo...remember there really is no free boost in this world...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.