Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 Cobra and 1999 Cobra cylinder block and head interchangeability. Will a 1998 Intake assembly work on a 1999 cylinder block and heads. I have a 1998 Cobra and want to use the Long block (Cylinder block and Heads) only from a 1999 Cobra with my 1998 Intake assembly and all other pertinent engine components from my 1998. Any concerns that anyone is aware of?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Blocks are the same. Cylinder heads arent. One is a split port B head (98) and one is a single tumble port C head (99). If you took the long block plus upper and lower intake, swapped your valve covers, and used your ignition then you wont have a problem... but just a long block wont work.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The B setup on a 96-98 cobra does have the highest flow possible. However for normal streeting guys the tumble port is much better.

I have neither on mine, I run a B MK VIII intake, and it works well as well.:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.