Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's side door on my 98 Mustang is sagging. I'm trying to decide if I should try and put replacement pins and bushings in or buy replacement hinges from Ford. The hinges looked to be bolted on and not welded. Any suggestions? Looks like it will be a straight forward repair / replace but I'm bad about under estimating what it will take. Ford Service Center quoted the upper hinge at $49 +/- and the lower hinge at $ 70 something.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
The biggest pain is getting the doors lined up so the interior light goes off, the door ajar buzzer shuts off and the door closes properly. A buddy is very helpful. Using a bottle jack and a block of wood method sucks. Welcome to AFM.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i just replaced my door pins in my driver door cuz of the sagging. i brought it to a body shop and they did it for me. the pins were 150 i think haha which is outrageous! and it costed i think like 50 bucks for them to put them in i guess it took like 4 hours? idk. but it was worth it anything for the "stang" haha. id take it to a body shop that u can trust and have them look at it. good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I've decided to replace the hinges with OEM replacements. I found them on a web site that is linked with Westway Ford in the DFW metroplex. Much less expensive than through the local dealership. I'll post more as I change them out to let you know how it goes!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed out the hinges today. The job was relatively straight forward. Definetly a two man job. Only problem now is the window switches on the driver's side will not operate the windows. I think the switch finally went out as it was acting flakey before I undertook changing the hinges out,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.