Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Ford Mustang GT, built bottom end, Brothers performance stage II heads, 3.4L Whipple blower.
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so here is the scoop. I have a built 98gt ready for a blower. now the question that I have is this:

my first option is do I go through modular powerhouse and get the 2.8L mongoose kenne bell kit?

My second option that I just found out about it through Tork tech... I don't know much about this setup yet, but with the lower manifold work with any 03-04 cobra supercharger? because if I go this route then I want to get a whipple blower (W210AX, W210HPR) if possible! so the question is, is the Whipple blower compadible with the lower manifold?

Also if anyone has any other suggestions please write down your thoughts!

for car info my 98GT has a fully built bottom end forged cobra crank, forged H-beam rods and ross racing pistons. lowered compression ratio 8.5:1. complete head swap with patriot performance stage II heads, Comp Cams. Typhoon II intake manifold, K&N CAI, BBK shorties, BBK O/R X-pipe flowmaster super 40 series mufflers. with a T-56 tranny swap and a Mcleod RST twin disc clutch. pullies, 75mm T/B and professional products upper plentium, sct tuner. to answer the question YES the head swap is totally worth it! my Dyno sheet put me over 300 RWHP! to be exact, from 222 to 307 (before the tranny, clutch, and o/R X-pipe)

Any help on this blower situation would be wonderful!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am going to supercharge my 1996 Mustang GT as well. I am going to get the Tork Tech Kit just because it comes with everything you need. I now that with Kenne Bell you have to but all the parts you need. The tork Teck is also a little cheaper than the Kenne Bell. I am hoping to put down some serious power by the end of this year:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I would go with a turbo its cheaper and you can get more power out of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.