Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1998 Mustang GT has a Brake Chirp when I turn to the right at about 15 MPH +. This Chirp gets faster as the car moves faster(meaning that the chirp is coming from rotating parts). Also when I apply the brakes slightly on a turn, the squeak goes away(meaning that the squeak is probably coming from the brake pads/rotors). I think that the chirp is coming from the front driver side. The rotor on the front driver side has a runout of about .007 and the pads are in good shape. What could I do to eliminate this squeak? All help is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
If your pads are good, it could be the pads need anti squeal put on the backs or it could be where the pads move in our out, due to the brakes being applied or not applied, is making that noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 1998 Mustang GT has a Brake Chirp when I turn to the right at about 15 MPH +. This Chirp gets faster as the car moves faster(meaning that the chirp is coming from rotating parts). Also when I apply the brakes slightly on a turn, the squeak goes away(meaning that the squeak is probably coming from the brake pads/rotors). I think that the chirp is coming from the front driver side. The rotor on the front driver side has a runout of about .007 and the pads are in good shape. What could I do to eliminate this squeak? All help is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
had the same problem with 06', brought it to a shop everything was still good pads were still great rotors were fine, they said nothing was wrong, all i could do was for them to sand the rotors and stuff but weeks after it came back, :[.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Fixed the Squeak!

Ok, I went to the local auto shop and picked up some anit-squeal/squeak. I applied it to the backs of the pads on both pads. I noticed that the backs of the brake pads were warping out (It looked like the pads had flaps on them), so I filled in the gap with the anti squeak and put it on all other contact points. Also I cleaned any gunk off of my pads by wiping them down with a clean rag. I drove it around the block after I let it dry and the squeak was gone!
:bigthumbsup

Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.