Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new member,

My 1998 Mustang 4.6L GT has a little squeak. When I start to drive over 10 MPH while making a slight right turn, there is this chirping sound. As I increase speed the chirping gets faster too. The sound is high-pitched but not extremely loud. And when I hit the brakes the squeak goes away. I have taken my calipers off and greased the caliper slides and inspected the pads; everything seems to be fine. I think that the sound is coming from the front driver side wheel. Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome lets try your question in here.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well if you're sure it's not the brakes then it's your wheel bearing. About $80 for a new bearing hub and an hours work.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, when the car is lifted in the air, I can spin the front drivers side wheel and as it gets to a certain point on the revolution, the brakes seem to rub. Could this be caused by a damaged wheel bearing? My rotors are only about a year old.

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I took everything apart today. But I can't get the rotor off of the hub!? I think that the rotor is rusted on the hub. Also when I spin the whole rotor/hub (caliper is removed) the bearings make a small noise about every half way around. And I can feel the rotor/hub wobble a small bit. It doesn't wobble much but if I shake it some more it is audible (you can hear it). Please Help!
My car is on jack stands!

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.