Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. This is my first post. I drive a 1998 Mustang GT Convertible with 63,000 miles. How to you get to the tail light assembly to replace a tail light bulb? I thought this would be simple, am I missing someting?

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Let's try this forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I actually did this a few nights ago to replace my driver side reverse bulb. I have a 96 GT vert. Just open the trunk and pull back the lining, making sure you unscrew the trunk lining and unclipping it so it's easier to pull back. Then you probably will need a very small wrench to get to the bolts. There 4 bolts with washers 3 of them are pretty obvious and then there is one really tucked away towards the outside of the car. I just used the wrench to loosen the bolts enough to hand twist them off because there isn't enough room to move the wrench around. Then make sure you unclip the electrical wiring which should be in plain sight and pull out. Switch the bulbs out and slide it back in and put the bolts back on. Simple to do, but was really frustrating with the lack of room to work with (I also did in in my garage at night and there wasn't a lot of light to work with either).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1998 Mustang GT Convert Taillight bulb Replacement

Thanks for the information. I saw a more recent post asking a similar question on a taillight bulb replacement. I'm not sure how to pass your info on as I'm new at this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.