Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have very small coolant leak that leaks onto my steering rack on the drivers side. It seems to be coming from behind the oil filter housing but i cant get my hand or eyes up there because of clearance issues. I dont have access to a motor that is out of a car so i have no idea whats back there. Anyone got an idea?

·
Registered
323 Posts
what motor is in the vehicle?

·
Registered
7 Posts
there is a plastic gasket with rubber type o rings (the o rings go flat) behind the oil filter block 4 or 5 bolts holds it on. little aggravating to change but not to bad. hope this helps

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor is a 4.6L SOHC motor out of a 2003 explorer. So will i need to raise the motor for this or should i just leave it alone until it gets bad cause it seems like its really gonna be a pain to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
never done one in a mustang. I've done them in crown vics and Lincolns but i don't think you'll have to raise the motor to change it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so there is a coolant passage back behind there that could be leaking coolant then. If thats the case do you know were i can get these o-rings from? Like if i go to the dealership, what do i ask them to give me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.