Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1998 Ford Mustang GT 4.6liter, with the 4R70W transmission. My problem is an intermittent delay of up-shifting from gears 2-3. There are slight patterns that I have noticed, that can affect how this problem occurs, or doesn't: If I use VERY light gas peddle, literally just touching the peddle, more often than not, it will run through the gears. Anything more and it drops out of 2nd into Neutral and does not engage for an extended amount of time. Now, If I run it through 2nd and wait for it to slip out, then turn of the OD button, it will engage much faster. However, running the car with the OD button off from the start will only give me the same results as running it with the OD button on. Once it has engaged, 3rd gear runs great, no slipping, It will downshift from 3-4 with no problem, but once I have gotten back into 2nd gear, trying to up-shift again, I have the same problem. I have just recently had the transmission rebuilt, the tech replaced all standard parts, including solenoids, and after this problem appeared, the valve body as well. The tech is baffled at what could be causing this, and has told me that all the pressures from the taps are well within normal range. The only issue he could find was that the 3rd gear solenoid seems to not be getting the signal to engage. What could be causing this problem PLEASE HELP :) Also, there are no MIL codes. and temperature range does not matter, it happens hot or cold.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts