Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so from what I understand that I have seen on here is that the 98's have either a return style like the 97 below or returnless like the 99 and up. What I got from it was mid way they changed it to the returnless. Also the fuel pressure regulator is either attached to the driver side fuel rail or removable. I am currently deployed so I have to get a friend to check this for me.

My question is can someone with the for sure knowledge clear this up for me please? I already have purchased a Gss342 Walbro 255lph intanke pump from late model resto......it says 98-04 is this the 98 that has the returnless style or is it 98 period and the pump is different for the tanks of the years? Also what is the easiest way to tell which system I have? I gotta get a friend to check the FPR for me to see what the deal is on it so I know if I need to buy new rails or not. So while he is at that get him to verify if it is returnless or return style.

Thanks for any help guys I never noticed there was a difference till I was googling a FPR for my car and saw some stuff from here and clicked on it and found this crap out!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one have any experience or knowledge on this fuel system?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts