Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is my 98th post and I have a 98 GT! Yeah:happydance:
Who here has a Mustang GT with an Off-Road H or X pipe with MIL eliminators...I have a few questions I want to ask.
Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey, I have a 96GT - o/r H w/mils. What's your question?

·
Banned
950 Posts
Hey, I have a 96GT - o/r H w/mils. What's your question?

yeah likewise. whats ur question?

and if your thinking of getting them, and its ur dd, id recommend a catted version. just fyi. and it is only an OPINION so please no yelling form the beachers haha

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the question... Who here knows about SCT tuners that have custom tunes that can shut off the rear O2 sensors?

I have an SCT SF3 with a custom tune that was supposed to shut off my rear O2 sensors on my off road H pipe, but for some reason I keep getting a check engine light for the O2 sensors (P0430).

I also have MIL eliminators which I took off thinking that my custom tune would do the job... but it didn't work!

I just don't get it! Why won't my SCT tuner work!!! I have talked with SCT and the place I bought it from, but still no answer.
Please help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not sure about SCT part of the issue - I dont own a tuner. But a question for DB, do you recommend catted option for emission reasons or other? Just curious, thanks

·
Banned
950 Posts
Not sure about SCT part of the issue - I dont own a tuner. But a question for DB, do you recommend catted option for emission reasons or other? Just curious, thanks

yeah mainly. i mean i just bought my car with the o/r version and really i doubt it does a whole lot for a dd to not have the cats, so its easier for emission testing and all that hassle (damn tree huggers) and really even with MIL eliminators i seem to be having part problems due to the no cats thing. plus a mental thing for me, is since its not a strict track car, the lack of back pressure seems that im losing low end torque. again, that last bit is just my crazy mind but i do believe there to be a sliver of truth per other threads out there. overall its really just the hassle of having the o/r x are not worth the hp/torque gains (if any) over a high flow catted one. im about to get some high flows put on it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
yeah mainly. i mean i just bought my car with the o/r version and really i doubt it does a whole lot for a dd to not have the cats, so its easier for emission testing and all that hassle (damn tree huggers) and really even with MIL eliminators i seem to be having part problems due to the no cats thing. plus a mental thing for me, is since its not a strict track car, the lack of back pressure seems that im losing low end torque. again, that last bit is just my crazy mind but i do believe there to be a sliver of truth per other threads out there. overall its really just the hassle of having the o/r x are not worth the hp/torque gains (if any) over a high flow catted one. im about to get some high flows put on it.
I see your point. I have always heard that the right amount of back pressure (not too restrictive & and not too open).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:eek:fftopic
:taz:
Does anyone use MIL eliminators to shut off the rear O2 sensors instead of using a tune?

·
Banned
950 Posts
:eek:fftopic
:taz:
Does anyone use MIL eliminators to shut off the rear O2 sensors instead of using a tune?

i have em on my car. but i still have 02 sensor issues. not sure why just yet tho.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put my MIL eliminators back on and so far no check engine light. :surrender: But I don't know when it will come back on.
Thanks everyone. :happydance:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.