Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I will spare the details but basically I have a bent control arm and broken motor mounts. I also will be replacing the bushings and possibly the sway bar as it was also hit but may be ok (I will have to inspect myself once I get it back from Ford). I also recently had my intake manifold break and start leaking coolant into the intake (common problem on these cars).

SO, to sum it up, I am looking for advice on the following parts:
-Control arms to go with a lowered suspension, consisting of Eibach springs, Koni yellows, and Hotchkis Caster/Camber plates.
-Motor mounts (possibly solid mounts? the car will be a 50/50 street/track car, so are solid mounts a bad idea? how bad will the vibration/highway noise be?)
-Bushing Kit
-Sway bar
-Intake manifold (There is a chance that Ford will pay for an OEM part, but if not, what do ya'll recommend?)

I will be doing all of the work myself, except for the motor mounts for obvious reasons. I also am an upcoming college student and am trying to save money, so please keep that in mind and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I never lowered my car or setup the suspesion for handling, so I can't give advice on those subjects.

I'd suggest going with stock motor mounts, you'll appreciate the lack of NVH from them, especially if you DD the car.

As for the intake, it sounds like the perfect time for a PI headswap, or at least a PI intake swap. I did my headswap in college for less than $1500 and it was worth every penny!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got back from engineering day at Auburn! Looks like their Formula SAE team needs a driver so hopefully I can help them out next year :bigthumbsup.

Anyone else have some advice on suspension components? So far I'm looking at some FR Cobra control arms...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.