Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter's 1998 mustang is running hot when the Air Conditioner is on. Does anyone have any ideas why?

·
Registered
86 Posts
maybe the a/c jus needs to be recharged

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The A/C is working.

While driving the heat gauge is normal. When she runs the A/c while driving the check engine light comes on and the heat gauge shows hot.:headscratch:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your help.

I'll check what everyone has told me to do.

I'm a novice and will most likely seek the help of a local mechanic.
I'll try to let you know what the problem is.

I may also be asking for your help again.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
If the check engine light is coming on then get it properly diagnosed. Do not mess with the A/C system yourself. Sorry Shiner, but telling someone to just add oil to the system is a horrible suggestion. Get the system vacuumed out and then properly refilled with the proper amount of oil and refrigerant by someone that is certified to work on A/C.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
If the check engine light is coming on then get it properly diagnosed. Do not mess with the A/C system yourself. Sorry Shiner, but telling someone to just add oil to the system is a horrible suggestion. Get the system vacuumed out and then properly refilled with the proper amount of oil and refrigerant by someone that is certified to work on A/C.
Sorry, but I disagree. I have worked on many systems and this is a frequent problem.....

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I am not saying you personally should not work on an A/C system since you are obviously very mechanically inclined. I used to work for Autozone and people would come in and buy the retrofit kits for their A/C. More than 1/2 of them either tried or managed to hook up to the high pressure side instead of the low. I personally saw someone hurt themself VERY badly this way when the can exploded.

A/C is not a do-it-yourself job. I can never be convinced that. If the system is low on oil then there is a problem and it should be properly serviced and not covered up with a bandaid. I agree to disagree with you Shiner.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Not to beat the subject to death, but you'd be surprised just how stupid people can be when screwing on those adapters and making them fit on the wrong ports. There are a few cars out there, can't honestly remember which, that will allow putting the adapter on the wrong hose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.