Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just wanted to update on what I've been doing since winter. For Christmas and my b-day (late Jan) I got 5% tint, UDPs, black projector headlights, and a shorty antenna! :D So, with the nicer weather coming, I've been busy installing all the new stuff! :happydance: I will try to post pics soon... (hopefully) :so

That being said: if anyone is doing a similar upgrade and has some questions, lemme know! While the installs are still fresh in my mind, I can help you out with any little tricks or advice. The antenna isn't hard, and the tint wasn't too bad as long as you take your time. The tough ones were the lights (electrical wiring... ugh) and the UDPs (physically tough to do by yourself -- but I managed somehow! :shigrin). And while we're at it, I can also help with a CAI or TB install, since I also did those.

I know I like to do all the work myself, and I'm sure there are others out there! So, I'm not put myself in the spotlight -- just offering help from someone who's "been there, done that" :shiny:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
what udp's did you go with?
the projectors should look pretty cool...
and man that is some dark tint! :happyhapp

·
Registered
89 Posts
hey, i want to get udp and i was curious about how hard they would be to install myself... how would you rate it on 1 to 10 and what was hard about it?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work!! Post up pic's soon. I am kind of curious to see what the headlights look like on a Yellow Mustang.
I attached a few pics of the headlights. I decided to go with a black and yellow theme, since the owner before me put the black "slash" vinyls on the side. I want to replace those with a real paint job, but that's pretty far in the future... :shigrin All the black stuff certainly gives it a darker look!! :shiny: Now I just need some rims... (on order! :bigthumbsup)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what udp's did you go with?
the projectors should look pretty cool...
and man that is some dark tint! :happyhapp
Went with BBK's 25%... they're aluminum vs. Mac's steel, so I went with the lighter weight. And those are the only options for my year, so it wasn't too hard of a decision! :laugh: I did contemplate using Mac's blue powdercoated ones (since I might do a yellow/black theme with blue highlight), but I can always anodize the aluminum BBK's later if I want.

Yeah, the tint's pretty dark... :D Haven't been pulled over yet, but then again, I've only had it for 2 weeks! :shigrin As long as I'm not stupid, I think I'll be OK. Check out the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
:bigthumbsup

your stang looks very clean.

it looks like it's been garage kept, all your weatherstripping & plastics look very fresh.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, i want to get udp and i was curious about how hard they would be to install myself... how would you rate it on 1 to 10 and what was hard about it?
I would rate them about a 3 (1=easy, 10=impossible). I had to go out and buy a 1/2" ratchet and two large sockets (18mm & ??), so that hard on the wallet. :shigrin (but not much) The most difficult part is applying enough pressure on the tensioner to create enough friction in the belt to be able to loosen the alternator pulley. With one person, this took quite a bit of effort -- but I did finally get it. Those were the basic headaches... so it's not too bad. I'll check out the size of the socket (I had to try out three before finding the right one!) and write-up better instructions tomorrow. Keep ya posted! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
:bigthumbsup

your stang looks very clean.
Ha - Thanks!! Just took it to a car show this weekend, where I took all the pics. So yeah, it got the total clean-up: vacuum, wash, tire detail, and polish! :D Hope it stays clean for a little while... :so

PS - just saw the rest of your post: previous owner had it garage kept for the first 60k miles. When I got it, I lived in an apt (so no garage) and now a house (with garage, but floor is too weak -- don't want my baby to fall through!), so she's been outta the stable for a few years... I just try to keep it clean and maintain so that she lasts!! Thanks to your comments, it's apparently working! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
326 Posts
I dont normally like the 94-98 body style, but wow, i really like the look of your car. It looks like you are doing a great job with keeping it clean and in good working condition. The Yellow and black scheme is awesome looking. Keep up the good work man:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!!

I dont normally like the 94-98 body style, but wow, i really like the look of your car. It looks like you are doing a great job with keeping it clean and in good working condition. The Yellow and black scheme is awesome looking. Keep up the good work man:bigthumbsup
Thanks for the compliments! Cleaning is one of the easiest & cheapest "mod" anyone can do... so I try to keep at it! :D And yeah, I like the black accents better with a brightly colored car: makes both pop! :bigthumbsup I will be getting rims soon to complete the look... :bigthumbsup

I also wasn't a huge fan of the 94-98's right off the bat... my fav is actually the "New Edge" style (ironically... yours! :shigrin). But this is my first car and I got a great deal on it, so its already better than the Eclipses, Cavaliers, and Neons that were in the same price range! :heha: To think... I barely escaped becoming a ricer!! :happyhapp Thankfully, here I am with my '98 Stang and my friends at AFM!
:celebration:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.