Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Registered - My First Post

New Owner as of 1-30-08

First Symptom: Check Engine Light Lit up 4 days ago, First check was oil as a CYA. OK, but looks like ready for a change, has synthetic oil.

On the way home yesterday I lost power, and coasted into someones driveway to call Dad. We pushed it out of driveway to a better location on a side street. Battery wouldn't crank engine, and symptoms indicated a bad Alternator. I was about three miles from home, so we removed battery with plan to re-charge it fully then have enough power to get it home or to a mechanic.

Reinstalled battery, Plenty of crank, but would not start. Sounds like out of gas as not even one sputter, and never had (Yet) any startup irregularity. Dad stopped on the way home and checked the Fuel inertia switch (nope) and said he ordered an Alternator to pick up tomorrow morning.

Fuel Gauge just under a 1/4 so as a CYA before picking up alternator we'll pour in additional gas & try again. So long story short, could a bad Alternator keep the engine from firing? Considered might not be enough juice to push fuel pump. Hopefully it's just gas, but running out of gas wouldn't drain the battery.

Dilemma is, Alternator only, replaced where it sits is better than a towing charge. But it would suck to take the time to replace it, and still need it towed to a mechanic.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Zach

·
Super Moderator
39,982 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!.....it sounds like a bad alternater....

·
Registered
623 Posts
yea it does sound like the alternator.. and its a easy swap out dude.. shouldnt take no more than 10 mins

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.