Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1998 v6 mustang. I was looking for a new exhaust setup, but I don't want it to sound like a rice burner. I'm looking for something relatively cheap but still has a mean sound. I was looking at the pypes m-80 muffler, flowmaster super flow 44, and the SLP Loudmouths. If any of those sound good or if you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
the 3 options you suggested you were looking at are completely different kinds of mufflers and as such sound completely different. i suggest taking more time to sort out what you like.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
everyone gets flow 40s.. just get them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Flowmaster 40s = Done

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The next question I have is should I get a dual exhaust kit or stick with a single exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Without a doubt go with the duals

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
buy the mufflers, take them to a shop, have them make you a dual exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hate to disagree with all of this great knowledge posted above :winks

If you're looking for duals, there's also the option of our 17277 aluminized exhaust. It's a cat-back system with dual rear exits. The only potential issue is that it ships with the 50 Series mufflers, which may not be loud enough for you.

Whatever you end up going with, thanks for even considering Flowmaster.

R

·
0 Posts
I hate to disagree with all of this great knowledge posted above :winks

If you're looking for duals, there's also the option of our 17277 aluminized exhaust. It's a cat-back system with dual rear exits. The only potential issue is that it ships with the 50 Series mufflers, which may not be loud enough for you.

Whatever you end up going with, thanks for even considering Flowmaster.
I like you guys, I really do but, that is only a dual muffler set up, not true duals. Bolting up the Y-pipe is a waste of effort being as you are keeping the main restriction in the system.

On a side note I drive by you guys every time I head up to see my girlfriend who lives up there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts