1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R

·
0 Posts
You will also want to get a bearing kit because of the age of your vehicle.

R

·
0 Posts
The Motive one is good:
Rear End Installation and Bearing Kit (7.5in) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

If you are going to have the diff out, you might as well put in some new ring and pinion gears. The 94-98s had horrendous 2.73 "airplane" gears.
The general rule is 3.73 gears for manual or 4.10 for autos. Even if you went up to 3.73s with your auto, you will notice a huge increase in acceleration and "seat of your pants" feel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah thank you! I am tired of losing to acuras T-T and I appreciate the information. Is this something that I can do with some help from a friend? We know a bit about cars but not that much yet.

R

·
0 Posts
Not really. A diff and gear swap requires some specialty tools.
It has been done by people with no experience but, it requires a lot of time. The gear and differential alignment needs to be very precise.

·
Registered
506 Posts
do you have a ballpark number for a diff install at a shop.

I bought an Auburn lsd and have access to my old high school shop and my teacher, he recommended that i get some ARP bolts for my ring gear is it really necessary for a basically stock sixer ?

R

·
0 Posts
Install is usually $250-350 here in the US.
It takes about 3 hours of labor. Multiply that by your local labor rates and you can get a rough estimate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts