Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I am having an issue with the right rear window on my 1999 Cobra Covertible. The window does not want to come up on its own. Sometimes it makes it all the way up, but is really slow. Sometimes I need to actually pull it while hitting the power button.

I did a cursory look and it looks like getting access to the mechanism is going to be a huge pain. Has anyone attempted this before? Any pointers on what to do and how to go about it? Any pointers to a really good service manual?

Just bought the car and do not have much mileage with it yet. Would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the easiest way to access the window motor/regulator is to pull the back seat out first (lower and upper portions). Then you can remove the interior plastic trim. After that I am not 100% positive but you probably have to remove the rear speaker setup for clear access. The link below has some tips at the bottom of the page for accessing the rear speakers which should be helpful in your situation:

http://www.flemworld.com/accepted-F...3dy5mbGVtd29ybGQuY29tL21hY2g0NjAvbWFjaC5odG1s

If you are thinking about upgrading your sound system now is the time to do it since the trim pieces are out of the way and the Mach 460 rear amps are accessible without the rear seat.

I have a similar issue with my passenger door window not going up or down on really hot days. I have a new motor but haven't had a chance to do the work yet.

Let me know if this helps you! :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts