Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to set this car on fire. finally today, i got the a/c recharged and everything is good, after the horrible week of not cranking due to a short circuit blowing the pcm fuse. well im all excited, i have a/c. come back to work, after a little bit i go outside and see a puddle under the car....... well my radiator is busted and leaking coolant everywhere. i just cant win. right now im contemplating setting it on fire, some kind of electrical fire and getting the insurance money. this car has me sick.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My turn to whine. I'm 3 weeks out of double hernia surgery, ready to heal for 6 weeks, and the main water line from my house to the road blew. 6000 bucks later, that's fixed, and a week later my hot water tank blew. 600 bucks later, that's fixed.

Well, that's blown my budget all to hell, but I said F#$% it, I'm still putting 4:10s in the Cobra. Ordered the stuff from American Muscle and it'll be here next week. Also ordered IRS bushings and front pinion brace from Max. Motorsports.

There, I feel better now too. :yup:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its good to let it out every now and then.

well i replaced the radiator last night and it all seems to be fine now.....(knock on wood)......

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
oh please tell me you burbed that engine....? Those dohcs are finiky about air bubbles...I've seen blown engines as a result of it not being done properly.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
My turn to whine. I'm 3 weeks out of double hernia surgery, ready to heal for 6 weeks, and the main water line from my house to the road blew. 6000 bucks later, that's fixed, and a week later my hot water tank blew. 600 bucks later, that's fixed.

Well, that's blown my budget all to hell, but I said F#$% it, I'm still putting 4:10s in the Cobra. Ordered the stuff from American Muscle and it'll be here next week. Also ordered IRS bushings and front pinion brace from Max. Motorsports.

There, I feel better now too. :yup:
That's one way to get over a rough month! :heha::bigthumbsup

·
Registered
806 Posts
dont worry must be a crap month for everyone. I had to audit 152 files in two weeks. it takes about an hour to two hours to do a files. Then i had to pile that on top of all my other work for the past two weeks. Its 2 am eastern time and i still have 4 more hours of work left and have to be on the road tomorrow at 9 am.

Sucks that you have had all these problems with the car. Who did you buy it from? Really sucks hope you get it running and sold soon since thats what you want to do.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh please tell me you burbed that engine....? Those dohcs are finiky about air bubbles...I've seen blown engines as a result of it not being done properly.

oh yea, wouldve never started driving it without getting the air out of the system, i dont need more issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my turn my turn. I'm in iraq in feb i came home for vactation. I wrecked my cobra about 1000-1500 worth of parts. then 3 days later my house catches on fire, this was just 4 days before i was supposed to leave back to Iraq. Finally last week they finished fixing my house, wife and daughter moved back in but the cobra is still sitting in my garage waiting to be fixed after i get home. FML

·
Registered
11 Posts
My cobra has had a crazy head noise that I coulldnt figure ou. I went away for my 4 years in the marine corps, came back tore it doen and change the tensioners because everyone sais that's what it was. Put it all back together and it was still squealing. Said **** it took it to ford and they diagnosed it as a bad valve guide. So I pulled the motor and took the head to a machine shop for them to say its a perfect head and nothing wrong. So now I said **** it bought another head and an entire timing chain set with all new tensioners.....if I put the car back together and the noise is still there I'm selling it.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gotta love these fords huh........ ive put like $4k in my 99 cobra in a year with fixing stuff and making it faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts