Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched out my shortblock due to the fact it had a rod knocking. Well when we put it back together we had problems with the timing but figured we put it back together alright (using ford companies specs on timing procedures). AT first start up we had miss firing. Then we set up the timing again, same thing. After that we found a different paper on how to do it. We started it up with nothing put together except the cam sensor, crank sensor, and all the wiring hooked up and it ran fine. what else could cause the miss firing and running rough?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do u have any codes?
Do have a way to look at PID data? If so look at your fuel trim pids LONGFT1 and LONGFT2 if timing is still off they will be opposing each other ( one trying to subtract fuel and one trying to add). Another way to check this also is to do a manual compression test and see if you have about a 20-30 lb difference from one bank to the other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some codes from my SCT flash tuner. One was P1000 and the other was something that said "VID block corrupted"??

·
Registered
182 Posts
P1000 just means the monitors have not completed but the corrupt VID block is a problem and PCM needs to be reprogramed.That may correct your concern.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the bad PCM be causing the backfiring and slight pinging in the engine?

when I adjust the degress with the SCT tuner it runs a bit better.. Like right now I set it too +2 and it only backfires a little bit.. But anything Less or more than that it either wont start or it starts and runs horribly..

·
Registered
182 Posts
well usually a corrupt vid block means that the vin number of vehicle is not matching the vin programmed into pcm yes this can cause a running problem, however I am not sure if the SCT tuner doesn't give you a corrupt vid block, maybe someone more familar with it can enlighten us on that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright. I pulled the code P0354(Ignition coil "D") would a bad coil be causing all these problems, backfiring and low power? which coil is coil "D"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.