Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 mustang gt with the 35th anniversary package and Mach 460 sound system. Recently I hear a static like noise coming from inside my dash. I only hear it under acceleration at 1700-1900 rpm. When I bought the car the stock radio didn't work. The radio unit turned on like normal but no sound came out. Put new deck in and works perfect. Has Mach 460 speakers in it. The person I bought the car from put new battery in it b4. The car has only 19xxx miles and sat in her garage for a long time. Shortly after radio fix my alternator went out. I'm thinking optimistically that the battery and alt failed was because the car was sitting for so long and only drivin few times a year around the block. When replacing I noticed my fusable link from alt to fuse box burned up. Guy from pep boys suggested it burned cuz of the bad alt. now I am hearing this strange electric/static noise coming from inside the dash it sounds like. Not from the speakers. Just noticed it today. Everything seems to work fine for now. Could there be a factory electrical flaw in the 99 gt's? It has the anniversary package but all stock except for deck. It jus seems a little fishy that the stock radio deck went out with no mods to the car... I'm hoping that I don't have an electrical problem on my hands but that may be the source of that noise. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
If the sound can be picked up over engine and road noise, try posting a vid maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I'll make a vid and put it up today. I'm new here can I just attach the vid to this thread or do I make a new post?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Easiest way I know is post the vid on Youtube and then post a link here to it. And yeah, just keep it in this thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok here is the link to the video I put up on youtube. its not the best video i took it with my iphone while driving but you can hear the "buzzing." I forgot to mention previously that i just did a muffler delete and maybe there is a loose screw inside the dash for when they changed the deck and the rumble from the exhaust is causing it. Thats about the time i noticed the noise. However it sounds to me like an electrical type noise... I dont know I am far from an expert. Im open for suggestions any feedback is much appreciated thanks for your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICq5HGSjp7E

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just did exhaust in my 99 gt and I went with no cats and 40 series flowmaster dumped. Right after my exhaust I noticed a buzz only when I accelerate in the middle of a gear. It gets loud sometimes. Mostly in the cold. When I push my steering wheel up as hard as I can the noise basically goes away. I tightened everything I could and it's still there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts