Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody tried to steal my car and busted the igntion. now i need a new one. any advice from where to buy, should i do it myself or take it to a mechanic?

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
have you tried late model restoration? i know they have tons of stuff worth checking out

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Be glad an amateur who didn't know what he was doing is who did it, rather than a pro. At least you still have the car.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I guess the thieves didn't know about the PATS system...good thing, years ago my 94 GT was stolen in Phoenix before Ford had that built into the key

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link. And im glad they didn't get the car.
are these hard to replace? I've never had to do one before.

·
Registered
196 Posts
the link says easy install but who knows how they define "easy"

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No kidding, prob wont be that easy im guessing

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
It's tricky to remove. But looks like the black plastic piece is only missing. so you can't put the key in and turn it? If i remember right, you have to put the key in, turn it forward, at the bottom in the column is a hole you have to put something in there to release and then it can be pulled out so a new one can go in. Just play with it and see if you can get it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well good news, me and a buddy got the old one out took alot of persuasion "screw drivers, pliers, hammer,....a dart tip..." took about an hour but it runs and looks brand new again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts