Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,406 Posts
All 99's have Teksids!:bigthumbsup

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the stock 99 cranks forged? what are they good up to? I have forged pistons and rods, I am turboed, coolant line went overheated so looks like time for a new head gasket there was a little water in the oil so Im probably going to pull motor to replace main and rod bearings for peace of mind, I wanted to eliminate any weaker parts of the motor while its out, Thanks!

· Registered
5,406 Posts
Yes all Cobra Cranks from 96-04 are Forged!
So you already did a rebuild to your 99 Cobra motor?
The weak things in the shortblock of 99-01 new edge Cobra are the Rods and Pistons, the cranks can take up to 1000HP!
In 03 Ford obviously went with Forged pistons and Manley Rods to handle the Eaton!! I'd consider going to ARP Head and Main Studs when you pull the motor if running a Turbo, at LEAST ARP Head bolts!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the pistons and rods are forged and the comp is at 8.5:1... Thats funny you mention it, I was wondering, the head bolts are tty so only one time use, the ARP are good for multiple uses and are stronger but some people say the tty set properly does it matter? also Im looking for a good headgasket that can deal with high temps and pressures that is also a good daily driver gasket.... any suggestions? Thanks!

· Registered
5,406 Posts
Pretty much all Knowledgeable SVT guys say to go with Ford Head Gaskets over Fel Pro with the 4.6L 32V, that isn't the case with the Fox Body Stangs, but I trust the opinions I've heard on this matter! And your FINE with the stock 99 crank!
And since you'll be pulling the heads I'd consider ARP Studs or at least their bolt set, DON'T reuse the ones you take off!:nono:

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinkin cometic I was wondering how good fords were... I would never reuse the tty bolts... SOOO you seem pretty good with theese you should check out my new post lol it throws a loop to this convo...

· Registered
5,406 Posts
Fords are made by Cometic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.