Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im out with a buddy of mine that has a 03 jetta 1.8t that runs like a bat outa hell with just bolt ons and a stage 2 tune. well this turbo sentra ser pulls up and said who wants to play. i told him to run the jetta, 4 cylinder turboes running should be fun to watch. so i get in my car with another couple friends to watch the run, at this point with me and the other guys in the car im well over 4k lbs. so they run and the sentra comes out on top barely. then he wants to run me, he gets next to me and im thinking to myself, i got all this extra weight, but whatever. we do a 1st gear roll, honk the horn 3 times and go, i pulled a car and a half instantly, i got him by a car down the 1/4 but we kept going, by the time he got into 6th gear he was right next to me. we do it again off 2nd and he beats me by a car, i was on his rear bumper. we got back to the spot and he was talking a little junk, he said hes pushing after the tune, 260fwhp and 280fwtq with his t3 turbo and his car weighs 3k lbs with him in it. so i told him, how about we run off the launch and with just me in my car down the 1/4, what my car is built for with just bolt-ons, 4.10s suck on top end. he comes up with some excuse and leaves. seems to me he knew what the outcome would be. overall im still impressed in the performance of these 4 cylinder turbo cars now and days, more motivation for me to boost.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Good kill!
TC 4 bangers are not to be taken lightly from a higher speed roll. However, you may have also won the 2nd race if you had reduced your weight.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know. but i wasnt planning on running so i took a couple guys with me just to watch. one was 170lbs and the other guy was 280lbs, and then me being 220lbs. the vert cobra is already at 3600lbs so he had a very good advantage on me only being 3k lbs and putting down that kind of power. but its cool, i didnt sweat it, i got him once and i know i wouldve murdered it off the launch even with the extra weight. now im working on some weight reductions.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I love how your setup weighs over half a ton more and he can just barely hang with you, good runs man, I want a V8 to play with after I finish my car up :laughlitt

J

·
0 Posts
I've got a buddy with a SER Spec V turbo'd and making a little under 300whp. We've ran several times and it's a drivers race every time. From a dig I can take him by 2-3 cars but from a roll it's even or he pulls on me.
My friend designed and fabbed the turbo kit and he's not too happy that a base mustang is as fast as his project car, I think he's finally giving up on FWD 4 bangers and getting something a little manlier. lol

Those engines love the boost.
Good kill/death

·
Registered
887 Posts
Damn lol stage 2 only makes 260 whp in the Jetta's? My Mazdaspeed3 dyno'd 267 whp with just a damn intake! Good kill man. Reduced weight woulda been all wins for you for sure.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea man, im working on that, taking off unneeded stuff on the car to drop the weight, either way this car is setup to run the 1/4, not off rolls or top speed. as for the jetta, a stage 2 with the proper bolt-ons can make up to 250 fwhp and like 290 fwtq on the tiny stock turbo. the sentra ser was making 260 fwhp with a t3 turbo and a dyno tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts