Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 coupe and the windows stopped going up both windows but they would go down I removed both motors and tested them with direct battery current and they both work both ways so i replaced all 3 switches and now i have no power at all at the drives side switch and the passenger window still only goes down but not up. I looked at a few wiring diagrams and I'm wondering if the auto window module may have something to do with all this?... Your help with solving this problem would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Reviewed the wiring diagrams and the only obvious single failure point that fits your symptoms is the GEM.

However, it is possible that wire chaffing where the wires pass through the doors is responsible. For example a break in Window switch pin#13 would create the symptom.

Some very detailed tests can confirm the diagnosis.

However, if you just want the windows to work and don't care about the one touch feature, it looks like if Gem pin#1(TN/LG) and GEM pin 4(WH/BK) were removed from the GEM and shorted together, the windows would work only from the switches.

It might be necessary to remove GEM pins#3(LB/BK) and GEM pin#14(WH/BK) but I'm not positive this is necessary.

It also may be possible to pull the GEM and visually inspect for burnt components. Others have reported being able to field solder new relays on CCRM's and GEM. However, don't expect a write up on this. You are own your own.

The attached diagram are from the 2001 MY. The site will not let me attach .TIFF format.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for loading that wiring diagram for the window system. I was having a similar problem with my girlfriend's mustang. I was able to find out that there was a broken wire in that rubber tube that goes between the body and the door. That is actually a fairly common problem on all cars, but for this one the wire seemed to be pulled too tight in the door, which just caused it to break over time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts