Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1999 mustang gt with 116,000 miles on it about 2 months ago. Right away I had the shocks and brakes done. Now I'm having problems with the clutch and transmission.

About a month ago the car popped out of gear while in reverse. It did this every once and a while and i didn't think it was a big deal (also did some research on this forum and supposedly that is normal). Now when i shift into reverse the gears grind or if i get it in gear it almost always pops out with a grinding sound. Even if i go from the car being in gear to reverse. Most of the time i can't even get the car into reverse without having to switch into another gear first. Could this mean the transmission is messed up? All the other gears seem fine; no grinding.

Also the clutch just today began to make a squeaking sound when i release it especially when the engine is off. It also seems a bit harder to press. DO i need to adjust it? or could the clutch need replacing?

So far i'm sad to say that this mustang may have been a bad choice.

·
Registered
831 Posts
my reverse is a little like that too, itll make a slight grind before going into gear. Im thinking its just the syncro getting old. I figure with a little bit of lucas additive itll go cleaner but i havent tried yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.