Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has used the Jeggs coil on plug to replace stock. It would seem the price is right to replace them with Jegs brand Vs. factory. Can anyone provide me just cause not to use them??

IAM747

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
The OEM ones work great and i haven't heard to many good stories of the aftermarket ones. I tried granatelli once. After two weeks and 2 of them crapping out, i went back to my stockers.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
im using the summit racing brand and they seem to be working great. ford was tryign to charge me $110 per coil.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea I have been doing a lot of research as my 10 year old COPs I think need to be replaced. But what I have seen many times is "OEM COPs are the best" and "dont get aftermarket as they have problems". However as mell0 pointed out that he has had no such problems and they aren't that expensive to get so I think im gunna also get summit COPs as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could see how a much hotter one could present issues to a modded environment. I will have to look into the Summit ones as well. Jeggs are only 25 bux a piece.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
$25 is about right for generic COPs. Rock Auto has the OE Motorcraft for $45 each: RockAuto Parts Catalog

I prefer the OE, but if times were tough (and they are), saving the $160 might make me take a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.