Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys....Hope you have some infinite wisdom for me because i really want to drive my stang and im not because of a high pitch squeal.....
Currently at a professional shop so i thought... my car squeals at 1500 rpms and above.... mechanic diagnosed bad pilot. It is rather loud coming from trans area. Took belt off and started so i know its not belt or pullies. Put in brand new flywheel,clutch,TOB, and pilot figured that would cure it. Well after a mile and a half of driving its back.... a squeal above 1500 rpms...clutch depressed,pressed,in gear,out of gear...the only time it wont squeal is under 1500 rpms... i can drive it without it squealing....under 1500 rpms....WHAT GIVES!?!?!?!?!??!?!?:cursing:
Still at shop and dont know if i should have to pay for something that isnt fixed.... i am hopin he will get it but should i pay for all the work and parts when that didnt fix the problem?????:?:

pic is of my 95....begining to wonder if i need to go back to the ol 5.0

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just updated pic to my 99. . . . Anyone got any opinions......? Any similar issues...?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Bellhousing not being alligned correctly (bad dowel pins) can cause premature pilot bearing failure.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
WELL sorry to say if it squeals with the clutch out the pilot bearing does nothing. So if its coming from the clutch chances are the Throw out bearing is the culprit. Just may be it but 2 of them with the same issue Not likely. How about the input bearing on the tranny. Has it been checked?? The only time a pilot bearing will make noise is when the clutch is disengaged and in gear. Pedal to the metal. When the clutch is engaged Pedal up The pilot bearing does not spin on the input shaft when the clutch is engaged. :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts