Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for starters, I just ripped out my 3rd Centerforce dual friction clutch. Upon inspection I noticed a nice crack in my flywheel that runs all the way from the center all the way out to the outer edge. On top of that, the threaded nipple that is part of the timing cover where the top idler pulley bolts on broke off and I lost my pulley. So here is where I stand now. I acquired another dual friction clutch b/c mine was within the 90 day warranty period, I purchased a spec billet steel flywheel and a new timing cover along with gaskets etc., and since I have to remove the pulleys to swap the timing cover, I purchased a set of BBK underdrive pulleys. Also since the valve covers have to come off I thought about investing in a set of BBK valve covers. So now that I've described everything here is my line of questions. (1) Will I have any problems with the dual-friction clutch/spec flywheel combo? (2) Will my stock serpentine belt work or will I need to get a shorter one, and how long does it need to be? (3) Will the BBK valve covers fit Patriot Performance Heads?
Well I think that's it. Any answers or suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Pieces parts

OK, the clutch and flywheel should work fine, just give them a little time to bed in.

The valve covers will work with the heads.

Careful with the BBK UDP's. I don't like the piggyback crank pulleys - they are not a good idea.

Ok, for starters, I just ripped out my 3rd Centerforce dual friction clutch. Upon inspection I noticed a nice crack in my flywheel that runs all the way from the center all the way out to the outer edge. On top of that, the threaded nipple that is part of the timing cover where the top idler pulley bolts on broke off and I lost my pulley. So here is where I stand now. I acquired another dual friction clutch b/c mine was within the 90 day warranty period, I purchased a spec billet steel flywheel and a new timing cover along with gaskets etc., and since I have to remove the pulleys to swap the timing cover, I purchased a set of BBK underdrive pulleys. Also since the valve covers have to come off I thought about investing in a set of BBK valve covers. So now that I've described everything here is my line of questions. (1) Will I have any problems with the dual-friction clutch/spec flywheel combo? (2) Will my stock serpentine belt work or will I need to get a shorter one, and how long does it need to be? (3) Will the BBK valve covers fit Patriot Performance Heads?
Well I think that's it. Any answers or suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks for all the help guys.

R

·
0 Posts
on the clutch, not ALL clutch disc are compatable wth everyones billet flywheels, so thats something you have to ask the flywheel manufacturer.....and on the cam covers, check the bolt patters of them as Romeo heads wth 11 bolt cover will not swap-out wth Windsors wth the 13/14 bolt patern

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so should I sell the BBK UDP and get a diff brand

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Udp

so should I sell the BBK UDP and get a diff brand
Steeda would be my choice. UDP's are a poor selection if you plan a supercharger (they have to go, you will be putting the stock pulleys back on) or if you are going all out with audio/video equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.