Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my Atlantic Blue GT with 146,xxx about a week ago.
It seems to run at a good temperature, but the car feels really warm inside. The A/C doesn't work. My main concern is that I smell something coming from under the hood. My dad said it might be burning oil. I checked it tonight, and it was at the minimum level.
My question is, what are the first actions I should take?
I may change the oil tomorrow, or just add some to bring it to the right level. I'll check all the fluids I can.
Any ideas or spots to check would be very very appreciated.
I dont know an extreme amount about mustangs (or cars in general) yet, which is why I bought a car I want to moddify in the first place. I intend on making many changes to the car, but I want to fix this first problem so I have a clean slate to start off of.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome to the site, as far as the oil leak concern it very well could be as simple as a valve cover gasket or as severe as a head gasket leak either internal or external. If you dont notice where it is leaking from right away I would recommend getting some uv dye safe for oil and run it for a few hours or so and then check it again with a uv light. Good luck with your leak.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. My dad is pretty good at finding out whats leaking where, but he's been really busy lately. I'll definitely look into the uv dye if we cant figure it out. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts